Thursday, September 25, 2008

My last "1st birthday" song :(

This is from Isaac's birthday dinner. We already did the big party, so on his actual birthday it was just us having a little celebration. The kids loved watching him go nuts on his cake. He really got into it. He grabbed big hand fulls and chowed it, then started rubbing it all over himself. He also really loves when you sing "Happy Birthday" to him. It's like he gets it. It was bittersweet for me though. I always get kind of sad when my kids have birthdays. It reminds me of how fast they are growing, and with the baby, reminds me that he's my last. Oh well, I'll just breastfeed him til he's 7....

4 comments:

barnettblend said...

Happy Birthday Isaac.. :) I wish we could've been there for your party - sorry we missed the big one. :)

ourjoyfulljourney said...

AAAHHH...that's so sad to think of it that way...but, who knows maybe you guys will have more one day ;) look at my mom and dad they thought they were done at 4! He is so adorable, getting so big...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!!!!
Love, The Bilderbacks

Unknown said...

happy bday baby issac! iam bummed we missed it. and if you breast feed him till age 7...... i'll have to beat you! age 4 tops! lol

Jenna said...

Yeah Kristen you're right. I cant' close any doors, you never know what God has planned for you. So I can only say with almost complete confidence "last Jeffrey baby"