Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

So on Mother's Day and Father's Day it's our little thing to let the honoree sleep in and the other person, along with the kids, make breakfast in bed for them. We try to make things that we've never made before to keep it exciting. So this Mother's Day I was relaxing in bed, reading a book and smelling something good cooking. I noticed that a few of the kids kept coughing. Then I heard Jeff coughing too. It started sounding like a choking type cough, so I peeked out to see what was up. Jeff told me that something he was "sauteing" was making them cough. Hmmmm. Jalapenos probably. So when they all proudly came into my room with my beautiful breakfast I was ready to eat. There was a nice display of fruit, an omelet and a cup of tea. I took one bite of my omelet and almost instantly I had heart burn and my throat, mouth & gums were burning. I can handle a good amount of heat, I put hot sauce and red chili flakes on everything, but my sweet, adventurous husband used a habenero chili. One of those little orange ones with a warning sign near them. STINKIN HOT!! I couldn't eat it. So sadly, I had to return it and wait for another one (not sad really, I got a lot of reading in) It was funny and I'll always remember it. Jeffrey may do a little research on his chilies next time. :)

2 comments:

ourjoyfulljourney said...

That's Hilarious!!! Happy mother's day! ;) It's the thought that counts..and that is a super sweet tradition!

barnettblend said...

I hate those.. they are waaaay too hot. :)